Request for Photo Usage

For my viewing pleasure, I'm posting requests for the use of some of my photos on Flickr. Isn't this cool? I've never thought anybody would be interested in my pictures, much less publish them. What's funny is that the ones I thought are 'just okay" snapshots are the ones getting requested. Well, it's not the National Geographic nor Life Magazine but the mere fact that someone's attention got caught gives a good feeling. Take it from an amateur.

FlickrMail

From: halcyonwinds
Subject: Usage of Image from your Photostream

Dear peiqianlong,

I'm an editor with Pearson Education in Singapore, and am currently preparing an undergraduate marketing textbook tentatively titled "Marketing Management in China" (1st edition) to be published around June 2008.

If there are no objections, I would like to use an image from (http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldendragon613/246227331/) for Chapter Five in the textbook to illustrate a paragraph about Levi's publicity and marketing in China.

As this is an educational publication, any assistance rendered will be very much appreciated.

We require non-exclusive world rights in all languages for this edition and any subsequent editions. These rights will in no way restrict re-publication of your material in any forms by you or others authorized by you. Should you not control these rights in their entirety, please let me know who does and supply their address. Full acknowledgement will be made to the source of this material.

We would greatly appreciate your consent to this request. If so, please also indicate the appropriate photo credit line to be used.

If you have any queries about this request, please contact me and I will be glad to furnish you with more details. Thank you very much!

Charles Ho
Pearson Education South Asia
23/25 First Lok Yang Road
Singapore 629733
(65) 6 3199 388
E-mail: charles.ho@PearsonEd.com.sg
_____________________________________________

From: astraurm
Subject: find someone who

Hello,

I'm writing about image "find someone who: ".

I'm an editor working for a Polish publisher (WSZ PWN) and I'd like to ask you if I can use your photo in a publication which is a textbook for schoolchildren?

Yoy will be given credit on the editorial page in the textbook, if you let us use your picture.

I will be very grateful for your answer and permission.

Kind regards,

Malgorzata Astrau
RedaktorRedakcja Filologii Angielskiej
Tel.: +48 22 69 54 518
Fax: +48 22 69 54 547
malgorzata.astrau@wszpwn.com.pl
www.wszpwn.com.pl
_____________________________________________

From:beijing1982
Subject:utilizing your photo

Hi Pei Qian Long,

I think you are a terrific photographer. I hope it's okay that we are using one of your photos to illustrate an article by a student on our website. The article and the credit are at:
uschina.usc.edu/ShowFeature.aspx?articleID=1269

If you would like us to change the credit line, please email me at cdube@usc.edu.

Best wishes,
Clayton Dube
USC U.S.-China Institute
china.usc.edu
_____________________________________________

From:minjiechen
Subject:Re: image usage permission

Hi, Rex,

Sorry for a long delay. I contacted you in summer for the permission of a panda picture you took. I was in China for three months, and when I am back, I found that my local public library has uploaded my course project on their website. Thank you for letting me use the image of the adorable panda! I think it fits in the map snugly. You can see the final work at urbanafreelibrary.org/departments/childrens/booklists/findingchina/mapchina.htm and your credit at the bottom of the page. I hope the wording of the credit is okay to you. Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Minjie Chen
Graduate School of Library and Information Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

_____________________________________________

From: Aidan M. Grey
Subject: Xiang Shui photo use?

Hello!

My name is Aidan Grey, and I'm the Photography Manager for Home&Abroad, an internet travel company partnered with Expedia, HawaiianAir, Marriott Hotels, Amazon, and a number of other industry leading websites.

I'd like to use one of your photos on our website:

www.flickr.com/photos/goldendragon613/601194942/

Naturally enough, for the Xiang Shui waterfall.

We'd provide proper credits, of course. We'd be happy to include a link (to your Flickr page, a blog, etc.) as well.

May we have permission?

Best wishes,
Aidan Grey
Photography Manager
Home&Abroad
aidan@homeandabroad.com
303-544-0073 x101
www.homeandabroad.com

_____________________________________________

From: apwbdsgirl
Subject: Your photo in "What Happens Next?"

Hello-

During the past few months, our company, BannerCaswell Productions (BCP), contacted you so we could use one of your Flickr.com photos for our upcoming health series, What Happens Next.

I promised I would contact you again when I had more information concerning the airtime and scheduling of the show so you may be able to view your work in action.

I am happy to tell you that we now have more information!

Veria TV will launch on DISH network on October 3rd. We do not have a specific schedule or an airtime so I am not sure what time of day What Happens Next will air. I would advise you to watch either the Veria website (veria.com), the BCP website (bannercaswell.tv) or DISH for that kind of information.

I will email you again when we know a set schedule.

I have brought up to Veria the possibility of airing the show online for our overseas photographers and was told that the idea was still being considered. I was also told that, unfortunately, BCP itself has no authorization to provide it online at this time.

And for those in the Dallas, TX area, the first Veria Wellness Center opened September 24th in Plano, TX on Preston and Park.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at acardinal@bannercaswell.tv.

Cheers,
Allison
_____________________________________________

From: kayceetoo
Subject: Photo Permission Request

Hello,

I work at a teaching and learning center at Western Washington University, in Bellingham, Washington. We are creating a series of online video modules that promote engaged teaching. These will be five-minute movies available on our website in the Resources area starting in October, with subjects ranging from using technologies in the classroom, strategies for connecting students, and various classroom assessment techniques.

I am writing to request permission to use your photograph, listed below, for this “online video module” educational series.

www.flickr.com/photos/goldendragon613/250121958/

We would provide proper credit, and the use would be purely educational, not-for-profit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Justina Brown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Justina Brown, M.Ed.
Instructional and Multimedia Designer
Center for Instructional Innovation
Western Washington University
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-650-7210
pandora.cii.wwu.edu/cii/default.asp
_____________________________________________

From: rmnadel
Subject: Your United Nations photo

Hi peiqianlong,

Here's a personal note from Ryan Nadel:

I'd like to use your photo to illustrate an article I've published about the United Nations. But first I need your permission and give you credit for your work. Please follow the instructions below.

Ryan Nadel is a contributor at Nowpublic.com and would like to use your photo for a story that has just been published.

NowPublic is a news sharing community that uses stories, photos, & videos from sources like you.

If you would like to learn more about this request, and the context in which your photo might be used, please click on this link - where you can approve or reject its use:

www.nowpublic.com/import/467c1f7ad955a1.61149885

If you do give your permission, your photo will always remain your property, and the Creative Commons license you have specified will follow its use on NowPublic.com

If you have any concerns about this, please contact our Quality Assurance Coordinator at quality@nowpublic.com
_____________________________________________

From: marek debowski
Subject: Your pictures.

Hello Peiqianlong :)

I have just seen your great asian pictures on Flickr.
My name is Marek, I am working on some kind of virtual online guidebook devoted to Asia. It is in polish only, but I hope to translate it into english one day.
I am looking for some nice pictures showing places I've described. Your pictures would be perfect and I would be happy to have them in my guidebook.

Would you let me use some of your Flickr pictures on my site?

Since my undertaking is purely hobbystic and not commercial I can not offer you much in return except for putting your name next to the picture and link to your Flickr gallery (or any other personal website). You will still own the copyrights, of course.

So, what do you think about it?

My website: www.mandalay.pl
Example page: www.mandalay.pl/Indie/Andamany

Regards,
Marek
marek@debowski.com



Comments

Popular Posts